This is a collection of files that I have assembled from various sources
since I first joined the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) in 1989.
The information in these files comes from the Rialto newsgroup (rec.org.sca),
the old fidonet medieval echo conferance area, various mail lists and articles
submitted to me by their authors.
Several types of files are available:
-msg These files are composed of a variety of short messages from a variety of authors having a common subject .
-art A stand-alone article written by a single author.
Some are off of the networks while some were submitted to me by the author.
-bib A bibliography of book and article titles
on a single subject.
-FAQ An article file that follows a Frequently
Asked Questions format.
All text files are available in three formats, HTML, text and RTF. If the text and RTF formats are not mentioned explicitly in this index, they are available from within the HTML file.
THLord Stefan li Rous (Mark S. Harris, stefan at florilegium.org).
- filelist-list The complete list of these Florilegium files. (also text, rtf.)
- 6-board-chest-art "Building a Six Board Chest Patterned After the Mastermyr Find" by Lady Stephanie Lilburn.
- beds-msg SCA camp beds. Rope and slat beds.
- Birch-Brk-Bxs-art " Decorated Birch Bark Boxes from Novgorod" by HL Marya Kargashina.
- Black-Sope-art "To Make Black Sope" by Lady elska √° Fj√°rfella. Soap for general washing, not necessarily bath soap.
- brooms-msg Period brooms. Referances and picture sources.
- bucket-yokes-msg History, design and constr. of bucket yokes.
- Candle-Making-art "Medieval Candle-Making" by Syardis Hohenzollern.
- candles-msg Candle snuffers, making candles, wax.
- candlesticks-msg Medieval candlesticks.
- caskets-boxes-bib A bibliography on medieval caskets and boxes by Master Magnus Malleus.
- caskets-boxes-msg Medieval caskets and boxes. Decoration and construction.
- chairs-msg Medieval and SCA chairs.
- chests-msg Period storage chests. Construction.
- decor-sources-msg Medieval decor sources.
- Fire-Starting-art "Period fire starting and Archimedes Death Ray" by Viscount Sir Corin Anderson.
- firestarting-msg Period firestarting techniques.
- flt-wick-lmps-art "Experiments with domestic lighting" by Gordon Reeder. (float-wick lamps).
- furniture-msg Making chairs, chests, tables, and such for the SCA. Period furniture.
- Gothic-Bench-art "A Simple Gothic Bench" by Master Dafydd ap Gwystl.
- ironing-msg Medieval ironing of clothes. Ironing and pressing tools.
- keys-locks-bib Keys and Locks bibliography by Master Magnus Malleus, OL.
- keys-locks-msg Medieval keys and locks.
- lamps-msg Medieval lamps and lamps for SCA use.
- leather-boxes-bib A bibliography on leather boxes and leather-covered boxes by Master Magnus Malleus, OL.
- lighting-msg Period lighting. Candles, lamps, torches.
- Med-Lighting-art "See What You're Eating: A how-to guide to Period (600 CE - 1600 CE) lighting for the feast table" by Master Bedwyr Danwyn.
- Med-Lighting-lnks Links to medieval lighting by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
- Medvl-Chests-art "The Medieval Chest 800-1600" by Master Dafydd ap Gwystl.
- Oil-Lamps-art "Oil Lamps & Working with Natural Oils" by Master Bedwyr Danwyn.
- p-cleaning-msg Period household cleaning.
- PW-Jewelry-Box-art "Pierced Work Walnut Jewelry Box" by Lady Stephanie Lilburn.
- Pnted-Wal-Hng-art "Tudor Painted Linen Wall Hangings" by Lady Adelaide Sarsfield. A&S documentation.
- rugs-msg Period rugs and carpets.
- Rushlights-art "Working With Rushlights" by Master Bedwyr Danwyn.
- Solar-Lantern-art "DIY Medieval-Looking Solar Lanterns" by HL Eulalia de Ravenfeld.
- Tallow-Candls-art "Tallow Candles" by Lord John Marshall atte Forde‚Äé.
- Talow-Candles-art "Hand Dipped Tallow/Beeswax Candles" by Baroness Onora O'Toole.
- torches-msg Medieval torches.
- Trestle-Table-art "A Trestle Table for Under $35" by Lady Genoveva von L√ºbeck.
- Viking-Bed-art "Design and making of a 10th century Viking bed" by Lord Rhys, Capten, gen y Arian Lloer.
- Waxed-Linen-art "Making Waxed Linen" by HL Giraude Benet.
- Welsh-Ark-art "Notes on the design and making of a 14th ‚Äì 16th Century Welsh Ark, A Rebated Clamped-Front Chest" by Lord Rhys, Capten, gen y Arian Lloer.
- This symbol indicates these files are new or have been updated since 2/11/18.
Return to Stefan's Florilegium.